The MonticelloBirdAlert was created by Robert Capon to provide birders in Central Virginia with an opportunity to post sitings of rare and interesting birds spotted in Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia, and surrounding counties. The MonticelloBirdAlert has over 100 active members! Members of the group should only post birds that are sited on public property or viewed from public roadways. Members may also post a siting of a bird on private property, if the landowner has granted express permission for you to make such a posting to this group.
Since its inception, birds reported on the MonticelloBirdAlert have included the Loggerhead Shrike, Fox Sparrow, Common Goldeneye, Horned Grebe, Horned Lark, Red Headed Woodpecker, American Woodcock, Surf Scoter, Glossy Ibis, Dunlin, American Bittern, and many others!
To join the group, please follow these steps:
2) Click on the button: Join this Group
3) If you have a Yahoo ID, sign in and go to "Step 5"
4) If you don't have a Yahoo ID, click on the link: Sign Up. (It's free.)
5) Fill in the required information, read the terms of the agreement, and signify your agreement by clicking on "I Agree".
7) Remember the cardinal rule (stated above) about respecting private property rights.
When you sign up, you'll have the opportunity to see individual messages or receive a daily digest of messages. The individual messages will enable you to see photographs posted within email messages, however the daily digest does not enable photographs to be seen. Since the MonticelloBirdAlert only provides a trickle of a small handful of messages a day, we suggest that you set up your account to receive individual messages and enjoy the photographs that are often sent with postings of interesting birds!